Windows 11 users can connect to both Ethernet and Wi-Fi simultaneously, but the operating system typically prioritizes one connection over the other. By default,
Image Source: mbreviews.com
Windows arranges the network adapter order priority to deliver the best internet connection via either Wi-Fi or Ethernet. However, if you want to use both connections at the same time, you can disable the packet priority for both adapters. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings from the left panel.
- Find your preferred Ethernet Network Adapter and right-click on it, then select Properties.
- Go to the Networking tab, then select the Configure button.
- Open the Advanced tab and look for Priority and VLAN under the Property section.
- Select Priority and VLAN, then click the drop-down menu under Value and choose Priority and VLAN Disabled.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Repeat the steps for your Wi-Fi adapter, then click OK to save those changes.
- Once the network adapter priority feature is disabled, the Windows operating system will use both network connections at the same time.
If you want to manually set network priority, you can do so by following these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run, type ncpa.cpl, and hit the OK button.
- Right-click on the preferred adapter and choose Properties.
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced button via the Properties dialog area.
- Uncheck the Automatic Metric box and type 5 inside the Interface Metric field.
- Click on OK on all windows that are currently opened.
- Manually setting network priority will enable the system to choose either Wi-Fi or Ethernet according to your settings, rather than what it deems is best.
In summary, Windows 11 users can connect to both Ethernet and Wi-Fi simultaneously. Disabling the packet priority for both adapters will allow the operating system to use both network connections at the same time. If you want to prioritize one connection over the other, you can manually set network priority.
For more tips about Windows: Click Here
Download the new Windows 11 Lite: Click Here
Don’t forget to share the article 🙂
SHARING IS CARING…